Labels

fun (2) news (2) Bambi (1) Gossip Girl (1) drugstores (1) nineties (1)

Hello There

Email me at: stellakimbrough@gmail.com
Thank you so much for visiting and come back soon!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Quickie

Hello! Here's a quickie about a couple things I've been thinking about lately, some of which I might elaborate on in the future. I'm also going to either mention it or do an entire vlog about it (see my new FASHIONVLOG)! I am still new to the whole youtube/ vlog thing, but I will for sure let you know when I've decided on a schedule for when I'm posting here or adding a video to my channel. Thanks so much for reading and I'd love to hear your feedback - whether you have questions, comments, ideas, tips, anything! Let me know down in the comments or feel free to email me! xo

1. Glitter furniture?
As some of you may know, I am a huge fan of DIY projects, and in the spirit of rearranging my room I now want to re-paint some pieces that I spray painted yellow last summer. So I thought, wouldn't it be cool to somehow paint/glue them in glitter?? It's so campy and unexpected, which are two things that I just adore. Have you honestly ever seen a wooden piece of furniture (i.e. drawers, book cases) entirely covered in glitter?? But then again, the whole thing might not turn out the way I envision it in my head, but it would be a cool experiment!

2. Dressing to compliment your skin tone.
This is something I have never really cared about because my mentality was always just to wear what I like and what makes me feel good, regardless of rules or sticking to a color palette that compliments my cool skin tone. I've now come to realize that indeed, wearing cool colors (blues, greens, purples, silvers) generally looks better against my skin than warm colors (reds, oranges, yellows, golds). And guess what? I own a LOT of warmer colors! I love red, orange, and gold (I will admit that I never wear yellow because it looks awful on me). So this is not to say that I won't be wearing these warm colors anymore, but I think it is interesting that when comparing side-by-side, cool tones actually look better on me! Who would have thought?


Alright so that was literally a couple things, but be sure to watch out for my vlogs when they are posted (either tonight or tomorrow, hopefully). I'll talk to you later!

Ciao bella!

1 comment:

roberta said...

if you embed the glitter in a layer of resin it will not rub off and spread all over the room. Glue won't be enough. And this probably needs to be done by a professional who has an exhaust hood to get rid of the toxic chemicals in the resin. But you can test the glue out on a piece of wood in the studio and see how you like it. : )