I write this to you because during my spring cleaning I found an old mix CD my friend made for me in high school that beautifully relates to Year One of the conversations. In the first installment my mom appears not once, but twice she brings Andy some Gas-X pills because she thought they both could greatly benefit from the OTC drug (the late Warhol was shot in the gallbladder, contributing to his premature death in 1987). Upon finding such a CD I immediately thought of Andy, and of why I hadn't remembered owning such a fantastic specimen!
The Extra-Strength Gas-X Mix
- Wilco - "Kamera"
- Nancy Sinatra - "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)"
- Death Cab for Cutie - "Title and Registration"
- Metric - "Combat Baby"
- Pedro the Lion - "The Long Winter"
- The Shins - "Saint Simon"
- Rilo Kiley - "The Execution of all Things"
- The Unicorns - "Les Os"
- The Faint - "Glass Danse"
- The New Pornographers - "The Slow Descent into Alcoholism"
- Of Montreal - "Penelope"
- Death Cab for Cutie - "For What Reason"
A special thanks to my homeroom buddy Nicole for providing the mix!