Labels

fun (2) news (2) Bambi (1) Gossip Girl (1) drugstores (1) nineties (1)

Hello There

Email me at: stellakimbrough@gmail.com
Thank you so much for visiting and come back soon!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The opposite of green

Previously on the fashionblog, I mentioned playing with the newest hue of inspiration: Jade. Well, what began as harmless curiosity soon lead to an adventure of absurd proportions.

In the wee hours of the night I began my transformation from average college undergrad to... quasi chemist. I needed my Jade fix, whether or not that meant I had to recreate it myself. At the end of this story, I am left valiant with a Jade-inspired manicure in hand. (Literally).

Well, that would be the most simplistic way of saying: I spent hours in the bathroom with hazardous chemicals (read: of the acetone kind, and from my own personal hoard of polishes - and who knows what kinds of carcinogens those contain).

I mixed and blended until i was out of patience, polish to use, and a few brain cells. I even created a painting with the leftovers: 


I call it Asphyxiation, and I think it conveyed my feelings of that night to an accurate degree.

The overall result of this adventure, however, pleasantly surprised me. I was able to create 2 beautiful colors, one a sort of robin's egg blue with a hint of Jade, the other a dusty lavender. I shall call them Uranium and Mutation.

Featured in stelbell's spring 2010 RTW line

If you are interested in digging your nails into these new hues (pun intended, unfortunately), then that's too bad for you because these custom-made nail embellishment products are limited and one-of-a-kind. And there is no way in hell I will ever go through the trouble of doing that again.

See, Lagerfeld? My "Vernis" are more exclusive than yours. 

...But seriously, I wouldn't recommend mixing nail polish colors. Ever. To anyone.

xxoo
stellbell

1 comment:

roberta said...

I love asphixiation!! But no more chemistry, please. Your colors are gorgeous tho!!! and by the way, there's a Philly artist, Stuart Netsky, who paints with nail polish and lipstick and casts sculpture from crushed cosmetics and crushed pills. Hope he works in a well-ventilated place with a respirator on.
http://www.locksgallery.com/artists_works_select.php?aid=21