Labels

fun (2) news (2) Bambi (1) Gossip Girl (1) drugstores (1) nineties (1)

Hello There

Email me at: stellakimbrough@gmail.com
Thank you so much for visiting and come back soon!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

What's in Drugstores

I, for one, find immense pleasure in aimlessly strolling the aisles of drug stores. There, you find everything you need juxtaposed with everything you don't really need at all.

i.e. flower pots disguised as joyful, oversized tea cups (CVS)

Play a game: as your basket fills find how many items you actually need, and how many you have convinced yourself you actually need. If you, like I, are on a budget, now would be the time to slowly and shamefully return those items to their respective shelves. (Unless of course you really, really want them)!

That being said, I have come across numerous things in these stores that have brought me joy and fulfillment. Without impulse purchases, I never would have come across a few fabulous accessories. Case in point: hair accessories.

Allow me to introduce the Scünci product line. Every purchase from this brand (impulse, or not) has never disappointed me. In fact, I would go as far as to say I am dedicated to the Scünci brand while shopping for hair accessories (in a drug store). Their products are fashion-forward, well-made, and most importantly, highly functional.

I have tried the other brands available.... well, brand: Conair (I challenge you to find a company with a more extensive line of hair grooming products). This company simply has never satisfied any of my needs. When I say, "Dear Conair, I want a good brush!" they give me an aesthetically appealing piece-of-crap. "Conair, I want a good-quality hair straightener/ curling iron/ blow dryer!" they ignore my "good-quality" request and give me some sort of an appliance that may show promise to deliver on its claims, but give me results so baffling I don't even know how to describe how crappy they are.

Don't let their good looks fool you.

What does all of this have to do with fashion?
Well, I would like to share a recent purchase that is both functional, well-made, cute, and most importantly, inexpensive.

I have searched online for this product (no thanks to the um, dense website of Scünci), but have not yet found anything. Maybe you will have better luck? I'd like to help but these fab barrettes were never given a proper name at birth. I shall call them Vintage Metallic Genious.
These, my fellow stellbells, are exquisitely functional and fashionable at the same time.
Allow me to demonstrate (although there are many more ways one can use them!):
The mini-Snooki poof

Add playful twist to a deep side-part


Play, enjoy, and please, find them to add to your wardrobe!

What do you think about drugstore finds?

3 comments:

Karenlove said...

Scünci is a good brand. always use their hair ties & etc. But I swear there was a better one like 7 years ago. But I agree, my stuff has never broken !! ..unless i lost it hehe :)

drugstores = awesome!!
love you stellbell.

roberta said...

what's the price point difference between conair and scunci? budget-minded shoppers want to know.

Stella said...

Re: Roberta, the price difference between the two seem to be minimal, and both are inexpensive. Scunci, however, does tend to run a dollar or 2 more than Conair. The quality difference in that dollar is significant in most cases.