Labels

fun (2) news (2) Bambi (1) Gossip Girl (1) drugstores (1) nineties (1)

Hello There

Email me at: stellakimbrough@gmail.com
Thank you so much for visiting and come back soon!

Monday, May 10, 2010

More Summertime Picks!

This is kind of a random side note, but I just saw a Starbucks commercial that got me really excited (you can watch it at starbucks.com). They are doing a Frappuccino happy hour 3-5 PM until the 16th, which I think is sort of funny and sort of awesome at the same time because I used to get them when I was a lot younger and this gives me a reason to order something other than my usual soy latte or regular coffee. The kid in me is jumping for joy, and not from being over caffeinated by the way. But anyways on to the real point...

For me, a visit to Old Navy can be either hit or miss. But I'm excited about what's in store for this summer! I'm seeing some pretty good colors and shapes, so let's get started...

1. Old Navy Metallic-Embellished Rib-Knit Tank in the color "Spitfire" ($12.50).


I would like to see this tank top in person just to take a closer look at the beading details because sometimes beading can look very different in person than from the picture. I'm like what I see here though - I like the punchy color, and it's hard to find good colors sometimes. But it also comes in a black (Black Jack) and a brown (Cocoa Powder) color, and I have to say I like them all. And at this price you can afford all three if you want!

2. Old Navy Mix & Match Ruffle Trim Bikini Top and Bottom in the color "Brown Dots" ($16.50 each).


 


Two words: so cute! It's a good basic color, and I love the tiny polka dots and ruffle details.

3. Old Navy Plaid Halter Cabana Dress ($29.50).




Ok, I've been really into plaid lately and this dress caught my eye. I love the pockets and that it's a halter. I would probably wear it with a belt because sometimes an empire waist can make me look a little bigger around the middle, but otherwise it's a great little daytime dress.

4. Old Navy Smocked Gauze Button-Tab Shorts in the color "Madagascar" ($12.50).



When I saw these I got so excited - they look comfy, fun, and cute! I have to admit I had a difficult time choosing my favorite color for these shorts because they come in six shades! I also love the kelly green ("New Zealand") and fuchsia ("Sizzling Fuchsia") versions. I just love the idea of wearing super brightly  colored shorts, and I will tell you why. You know we all have those blah days when you don't really feel like making too big of an effort? These would be so good for those days paired with a simple white tee or tank because the colors would instantly put you in a good mood! And the price? Come on, it's such a good deal.

I hope you liked my picks! xoxo

All images via oldnavy.com

No comments: